Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and one of the most well-known and widely used methods to fight the common cold, flu symptoms, or simply give the immune system a leg up—yet there are several other ways to boost your immune system.
First and foremost is making sure your body is well-rested. In fact, inadequate or poor-quality sleep is associated with a high chance of getting sick.
In a 2015 study published in the journal Sleep which involved more than 160 healthy adults, those who slept fewer than six hours each night were more likely to catch a cold than those who slept more than six hours each night. It is important to sleep even more hours each night when you are sick to allow your immune system to better fight off your illness.
If you are having trouble sleeping, try to eliminate all types of “screen time” at least one hour before bed, including your phone and television. Other good tips include sleeping in a dark room, going to bed at the same time every night, and getting enough exercise.
Another important factor for a healthy immune system is a proper diet. Citrus fruits are a popular go-to as they are high in Vitamin C and a good source of antioxidants. There are several other foods that can boost your immune system for having antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, or Vitamin C levels:
- Red bell peppers.
How Nova Vita Wellness Centers Can Boost Your Immune System:
Even if you can get adequate sleep and eat properly, your immune system still may need a boost. This is due to a concept known as “bioavailability,” which is how much of a certain nutrient is absorbed by the body. A lot of nutrients are lost in the digestive process—this holds true for foods and oral supplements.
At Nova Vita Wellness Centers, our IV Vitamin Infusions provide maximum bioavailability. Vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other beneficial compounds go directly into the bloodstream.
Here are a few of our most popular infusions to boost your immune system:
- High Vitamin C IV Vitamin Infusion: In addition to the immune-boosting properties and anti-inflammatory effects from the high levels of Vitamin C in the infusion, we add Zinc to further boost the immune system.
- Myers Cocktail: The Myers Cocktail is one of the most-requested IV Infusions nationwide due to its wide range of health benefits. Created by the late John Myers, this infusion combines essential minerals such as calcium and magnesium with the healthful benefits of Vitamin B and Vitamin C.
- Defense Infusion: As the name suggests, this infusion improves the health of the immune system and aids with mental clarity using a cocktail of essential vitamins and nutrients that boost the white blood cell count in the body. The solution is specifically designed to combat illnesses such as the common cold, allergies, and food poisoning. It also helps prevent illnesses from emerging.
- FluAway Infusion: This infusion is for anyone whose immune system has already taken a hit and is struggling to fully recover. The infusion contains vitamins, minerals, and anti-inflammatories to boost your immune system back to its original state. The infusion can help reduce your fever and cough, relieve congestion, and improve the various symptoms associated with the flu. It combines B Complex Vitamins, Vitamin C, Multitrace-5 mixture, and Glutamine.
- Cleanse Infusion: Often used by people who are looking to prepare their body for a new diet or exercise routine, the Cleanse Infusion can be good for the immune system, as well. Keep in mind that our liver is the main organ involved in detoxification. It acts as the body’s filter for blood coming from the digestive tract to the rest of the body. The Cleanse Infusion provides essential amino acids, vitamins, and nutrients to improve the liver’s ability to remove toxins.